Thursday, June 16, 2011

2. Welcome to Danger

This piece is my own response to the neighborhood's ubiquitous "Beware of Dog" signs. I'm particularly proud of the generic evocation of danger. You don't know what's gonna getcha. Even though it is posted no trespassing, patrons of GGEYHO are welcome to view the entirity of sights visible from the public right of way. As my verbal description accounts, you may also indulge in the recesses of this exhibition by exploring the side and back portions of the yard.

The sign itself is one of a pair recovered from an undisclosed location, and the post was harvested from my folks yard. When I returned from a camping trip back in my teens, I found that they had placed the juniper trunk in my room to incorporate into my burgeoning collection. The rocks around the base are from a special location to me, identified in the subsequent entry.